5 Security Tips Before Leaving Your House on a Trip
Yes! You are excited about the trip your family had planned ahead of time. Backpacks are ready to go and all you need is wear it and go. Before leaving the house, there are things needs to secure, right? Never forget it or else you leave your house at risk. I have tried enumerating some security tips before you leave your house. I hope these tips had helped you remind of the things you need to do.
5 Security Tips Before Leaving Your House
Since your bags are ready to go and your itineraries are all set, securing your house is next. Below are the tips I consider as the ‘must do’ before you leave. You may check this out and have a no-worry travel ahead of you.
- Check the outlet plug – This is one of the ‘must-do’ before leaving the house. According to Meralco, a distributor of electrical power in the Philippines, you can save percentage amount of your bill when you disconnect plugs from the socket. You can even avoid a fire from doing it.
- Check the water faucets – At least you can save money without even wasting the water supply. Also, you can avoid water overflowing over the house (but this is just an isolated case when you really forgot to turn off the faucet).
- Check your LPG tank – This is also important and must not forget above everything. You need to turn it off so that you will avoid getting into the fire.
- Secure your valuables – Of course, you cannot bring all your precious gems and gold watches on a trip. If you have the means to have an electronic security box, at least you can put those valuable things to a secure place. It maybe a place where you think is not what thieves looked for. You may cover it with clothes or the laundry.
- Invest good quality locks – At least the thieves might have a hard time getting it off. There is a need to have this especially when you plan to get away for days.
If you have a pet and planning to leave it, you can ask your trusted neighbors to take good care of it for a while. Just leave an equal amount of food for a certain period. You can also add an amount of money as a giveaway. Investing a CCTV is also a good investment for safety measures on your home.
Do a checklist. Check your plugs, faucets and LPG tanks. Secure your valuables in a place where thieves might not think of it. If it’s not possible to bring your pet, you might ask your trusted neighbors to look for it for a while. And lastly, as a security investment, you may want to place a CCTV on your house. Safety cameras could send away thieves. For more traveling tips, I had it here.
Those are the security tips I could share with you guys but if you have something on your mind that you may be wanted to share with us, feel free to tell us.