How low can shopping malls go?
Most of us prefer to shop in the malls for convenience purposes. Shopping malls are the one-stop shop for everything you are looking for. Wherever we plan to travel or go, I bet going to a shopping center is also one of our itineraries.
Of course, here in Davao, we are very proud of the shopping centers in the town. Most of them are found easily and very accessible to commute.
Top visited shopping malls in Davao
Today, faster economic development are arising in the city that is why more and more establishments are constructed here. Below are the top-visited ones:
- Gaisano Mall of Davao – When I was in high school, the Gaisano mall is one of the most popular. SM malls were not yet operating at that time. But until today, I guess it is still the most crowded mall or maybe because how it is built. When you enter the entrance, its like people are jammed here. Also, most of the events are usually done here early in 2000 like mall shows. Sometimes, I have second thoughts about going with these place because of the crowd. In added to their lines of the mall, one is now under construction in Buhangin area.
- SM Malls – In 2001, the SM Davao started to run. This is the first SM in the city which we all know that it is one of the most popular in the country. I had visited it for a few times because it’s too far from the downtown area the center of the city. It will take me two rides to commute before I get there and about 45 minutes to travel plus the traffic. The other one is the SM Lanang Premiere which is quite near in my place. It has opened in 2012 and has been a picture of a modern-type of a shopping complex.
- Abreeza Mall – This is also one of the most modern type and bigger among the shopping centers here. As of the moment, it continues the construction of their buildings.
- The NCCC Mall of Davao – From a merchandising store in Uyanguren to becoming a mall in Matina. I’ve been there a few times also because it’s going south which is the other side of the city.
To Add More
- Victoria Plaza is another one of the oldest malls in Davao established in 1992. I used to remember when I was in grade school, it is the most popular one. It has a fountain area inside it which attracts visitors very well but has gone after years. Sad to say, it keeps up its appearance and has not made a major construction for years. Because of the simplicity it has, fewer people are visiting here compare to the top ones.
- Ilustre South Mall (also a chain of Gaisano Mall) – Another series of GMalls in Davao and the oldies ones. It has 6th floors. I even had a taebo session here back in 2002.
For all the shopping malls being constructed here, they add a cause for the visitors to come. Each of them has their own character that they want to meet for the trust of their customers.
On my next post, I will be featuring the other wholesale and merchandising stores in Davao. Let’s see and compare how low or high their prices.
For more questions
I am willing to help you and entertain questions about this post. Feel free to ask guys.